Protheragen has been an untraditional pharmaceutical company. Its main areas of interest are: 1) Helping its strategic partners that own proprietary technologies to find collaborators, licensing opportunities, and investors. 2) Identifying and incubating novel early stage drug development platforms/programs using its internal funds.
Now that the construction for the new office building, equipped with brand new laboratories which are ideal for conducting independent life science research, is nearly completed, Protheragen is searching for talented and self-motivated senior research scientists to fill the new space with innovative technologies and enthusiastic attitude.
Similar to company’s characteristics, this position is also untraditional:
1) You are not just an employee, but also an entrepreneur. Your earnings will be more than the base salary and the bonuses, but also percentage share of the company equity and contract payment for every technology that you bring in. Your knowledge, talent, and ideas can be expressed freely to lay the foundation for the new platforms in the new laboratory. You will be the new boss- Protheragen depends on your expertise to start its research department from scratch. You have the opportunity to start a new business sector.
2) Depending on your choice, Protheragen allows you to have a second job, under the condition that this second job is noncompete with your position within Protheragen (its nature must be approved by the management team).
P.S. Protheragen is willing to sponsor work visa. Please contact us for more details.
Job application can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Not accepting calls from applicants)
Position: Senior research scientist (a contract for at least 2 years required)
Location: Ronkonkoma, New York
Salary: Base salary + Bonus (negotiable based on background and experience)
● Introduce and establish new research platforms (CRISPR, phage display, bispecific antibodies, CAR-T, or similar) in the laboratory.
● Keep up with the latest biotechnology trend and is willing to adapt the challenges of learning new techniques.
● Be ready to build, train, and lead a team of research and development scientists.
● Provide consultancy and collaborate closely with scientists from other departments (sales, marketing, etc.).
● A Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or related discipline, with expertise in at least one novel technology platform (such as CRISPR, phage display, bispecific antibodies, CAR-T, or similar).
● Experienced with designing and performing independently research projects.
● Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are required.